People of Asian families and of Western families have different defining features, such as the occurrence of an upper eyelids crease. There are about 50% Asians without an upper eyelid crease. Asian eyelid surgery is mostly required by Asians and Asian Americans, which helps them to create a more natural-looking crease above the eyelashes. The surgery helps one to look more awake as the eyes look bigger and wide open.
Make the eyes look more energetic, bigger, and natural with Asian Eyelid surgery!
People who have an indistinct crease or do not have a crease can get Asian eyelid surgery to get a more beautiful and alert look. The presence of upper eyelids is considered a sign of beauty that provides someone a more attractive look. The operation is conducted in such an approach to enhance the natural balance of the face and must be performed only by an expert like Dr. Mrinalini Sharma.
Pre surgery consultation
One should consult with an experienced plastic surgeon before getting this surgery. The important things that should be discussed during someone’s surgical consultation are as follows:
- Patients' expectations with this surgery.
- Problems with the eyes or in the surrounding areas of eyes.
- Medical history, allergies, and medications should be discussed before the surgery with the surgeon.
- Information regarding previous surgical or non-surgical procedures.
One can consult Dr. Mrinalini Sharma at Aestiva Plastic Surgery Clinic for the best Asian double eyelid surgery in Delhi.
1. Full incision method
The double eyelid surgery is performed to create an eyelid crease through surgically stitching two separate parts together, such as skin to tarsus, skin to aponeurosis, or aponeurosis to orbicularis. This surgery is popular for providing the most natural looks to someone for a longer period of time.
During this method of full incision procedure, a line is made to remove some fat, tissues, and muscle. In this method all the tissues of the eyelid are reconfigured. The surgeon extends the crease of the eyelid to the last third of the eye that gives a more natural appearance to the eyes. In this surgery a double eyelid line can also be created that is more accurate and clear. The swelling after the surgery can last longer, and it may take a longer time for the double eyelid to appear naturally.
Ideal candidate for full incision method:
- People suffering from drooping skin.
- People desiring big eyes and double eyelids.
- People with thick eyelids and high-fat volume.
- People who are in their 20s or 30s are the ideal candidates for this method.
2. A non-incision method or buried suture technique
This is a non-invasive method that does not involve any incision to create double eyelids. This surgery takes less time to be completed with quick recovery. This surgery does not cause any scar because it does not involve any muscle, skin, or fat excision.
Note: People with an excess amount of fat or redundant skin are not ideal candidates for this surgery.
During this procedure, creases or folds are created above the eyes through small sutures. Knots are created by using a variety of loops, and these knots tie together the inner muscles and inner skin of the eyelid. The foremost advantage of this surgery is that its effects are reversible.
Ideal candidate for non-incision method:
- People who desire natural-looking bigger eyes.
- People who have good skin elasticity.
- People who want to avoid the incision method.
3. The partial incision method
This surgery is performed as an option to full and buried sutures methods. This is the first introduced eyelid surgery, which is more effective than the full incision method. The scars caused by this surgery are smaller and less noticeable.
During this surgery, unlike full incision surgery, plastic surgeons extend the double eyelid lines to the last third of the eyes. The result of the surgery lasts longer compared to other methods, and it does not leave any scar tissue. This method is not suitable for people with sagging eyelids, as it only allows the fat to be removed.
Ideal candidate for partial incision method:
- People with thin eyelid skin and want quick recovery.
- People with droopy looking eyes and very thin monolids.
- People who want to get rid of fat around their eyelids.
Surgery duration: 30-60 minutes
Hospitalization: Not Required
Removal of stitches: 5-10 days after the surgery
Side effects & Recovery: Side effects such as swelling and redness subside in one or two weeks after the surgery. The complete healing process after this surgery may take 2-3 months. Complete results can be achieved in about 6 to 12 months after this surgery. Results will be permanent that can disappear over time due to the aging process.
The main aim of this surgery is to improve the efficiency of each eyelid for its opening and crease formation. This can be done by repositioning those tissues into the preseptal zone that may support, and by diminishing the tissue impediment which refuses crease development. This treatment can work as a 3D remodeling of the preaponeurotic space by making its tissue interaction more efficient than prior. In simple terms, the surgery aims to create an artificial crease and then further connecting skin with the muscle fascia, thus results in lifting the crease when the eyes are opened - creating a double eyelid.
The post-operative care and precautions that one must follow after Asian eyelid surgery include:
- Avoid rubbing the eyes or forceful closing of the eyes.
- Do not consume alcohol for a few weeks.
- Do not wear contact lenses for 3-4 weeks.
- Keep the eyes clean and wash them as instructed.
- Sleep straight and eat healthy.
Surgery must be performed by an experienced surgeon to achieve safe results. Side effects include:
- Infection and bleeding.
- Eyes may become dry.
- The patient may feel difficulty in closing eyes or other eyelid problems.
- The patient may experience scarring.
- Eye muscle injury may develop.
- Skin discoloration.
- Temporarily obscured vision or loss of vision.
Monday to Saturday : 10:00am - 7:00pm | Sunday : Closed