Men now-a-days like to be groomed all the time and with dermatology treatments like beard reshaping it has become an easier task. Given to our modern busy schedules everybody is occupied round the clock and yet always want to look good! Therefore, Laser Hair removal is ideal for both women and men who don’t want to spend time on shaving or spend hours at the salon.
To have a smooth and hair free skin is what every woman desires! But wait, what about men?
The traditional methods of hair removal have many disadvantages if compared with laser technique. The other techniques available for hair removal can be painful, ineffective and time-consuming such as waxing, threading, epilating etc. While the Laser Hair removal technology is a revolutionary treatment for permanent hair reduction. You can now say no to all these painful and temporary hair removal solutions.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- The biggest advantage is that it helps to get rid of unwanted hair growth and permanently remove them without damaging the surrounding skin.
- Laser hair removal treatment is a quick procedure to remove unwanted hair.
- It is less painful as compared to waxing and threading.
- It is also considered as a safe technique for sensitive areas near mouth and eyes.
Ideal candidates for Laser Hair Removal
- A candidate who has realistic expectation from the results and aware that the results can vary from person to person.
- A candidate with dark hair and light skin achieve more beneficial results.
- Patients who want long term results and tired from their weekly or monthly sessions of waxing, plucking, and threading.
A candidate who wants to get whole body or a large area of the body to be treated because laser hair removal is quick and pain-free?
- Avoid exposure to the sun and protect the skin from sun tanning for at least few weeks prior the treatment.
- Bleaching, plucking, and waxing should be avoided because it will remove hair from the roots.
- Do not shave at least for 3 weeks before the treatment so that doctor can see the required or stubble growth on the day of the treatment and it helps in providing long term results.
To begin the procedure, patient’s hair will be trimmed to a few millimetres from the skin surface. The laser equipment for hair removal procedure will be adjusted according to the skin colour and thickness of hair being treated. After which a pulse of light will be focused on a small treatment area and then the doctor will monitor that specific area for a few minutes to ensure that the procedure can be carried out without any harm to the skin. The laser emits heat energy which penetrates deep down the root of each targeted area and damages the follicle and gets you a smooth hair-free skin.
- Apply the sunscreen lotions before going out in the sun as per doctor.’s prescription.
- Post treatment ice pack can be used to reduce tenderness and swelling and promote healing.
- Do not use cosmetic products and creams over the treated area because the skin will be sensitive and can cause skin irritations.
- Avoid scratching and rubbing the treated area.
- The treated area should be washed gently as the skin will be sensitive.
- Avoid heavy exercises as it may cause perspiration and lead to hyper pigmentation.
Monday to Saturday : 10:00am - 7:00pm | Sunday : Closed